Friday, May 28, 2010

flourish conference...amazing!!

 SO....I know I posted A WHILE ago about my friends and I putting on a conference for high school girls called FLOURISH....it was an awesome day!! This is because we had the most amazing team of friends come and help make it happen!!!! I was overwhelmed and in awe of how incredible it is to be a part of such a great community that supports and encourages each other.  It was a one day event from 9am-6pm and girls from all over California [San Diego to Modesto to San Luis Obispo to Long Beach] came and worshiped, laughed, studied, and learned about what it looks like to live out Ephesians 4:1"....live a life worthy of the calling you have received".

[it was a beautiful day.]
Besides speaking, I got to do a few things that I love to do, like paint!!! I wish I made more time to sit and paint...it is so therapeutic for me even though I am not very good at it, I still like it! I made this sign for our photobooth that we set up for the girls to take pictures at the event as a keepsake of the day. [thank you Randy Marshman for setting up the photo shoot/backdrop, etc and Taylor Johnson for taking such fun pictures all day long!!]

I also got to design tshirts for the FLOURISH team. I designed patches and my friend Kevin Jenkins who owns EMBRACE APPAREL [www.embraceapparel.com] printed them up for us and then I sewed them on at different places on each girls shirt...so we all had different ones!!! AND I maybe a little bias, but I think we had the world's best band made up of all amazing women - lead by Jessica Lindstrom Garcia...her voice is truly angelic & they have hearts to match!


We are currently setting up FLOURISH conferences in Modesto, Long Beach and Mechanicsville, VA for the fall/winter! More details to come!!!

1 comment:

  1. your coming to Modesto?!? i live like 15 minutes from there :) -Carly

    ReplyDelete